Your FAIRBAIRN DNA Project Needs YOU
The lines listed are those where either there is as yet no representative in the DNA Project, or one that needs clarification or verification.
Eligible males, ie any who can document their direct father/son descent from those listed here, would be most welcome to join the project.
If able and willing to help, check out the at project FAQs etc, and when ready, and comfortable that this is a harmless process, we would love for you to join us.
The project may be able to subsidise up to 37 markers for particular lines, although please note that the preferred test is 67 markers - and that donations from anyone wishing to help finance the fun can be made via a secure Contribution link on the FamilyTree DNA Fairbairn project pages (project Fairburn).
- WANTED! Index People from the wanted lines with some information included on this site
Lines still unrepresented
- Wanted: Thomas & Elspeth (WOOD) FAIRBAIRN of Longformacus and Fogo, children Ontario and Michigan
- Wanted: Robert and Ann (Curle) Fairbairn A proven son of George & Janet (MURRAY) FAIRBAIRN
- Wanted: Alexander and Alison (GUILER) Fairbairn of Oldhamstocks
- Wanted: Andrew and Helen (Blakebul) Fairbairn of Eccles and Coldstream, family Selkirk
- Wanted: Ralph & Helen (Crow) FAIRBAIRN Any connection to John & Jane (Waddell) FAIRBAIRN?
- Wanted: George & Christian (CLAPPERTON) FAIRBAIRN of Midlothian, but possibly originally Dunbar
- Wanted: James & Margaret (HOG) FAIRBAIRN of Fogo
- Wanted: Francis & Isabella (HENDERWICK) FAIRBAIRN of Kelso, Maxton, Selkirk
- Wanted: George & Mary/Marion (RAMSAY) FAIRBAIRN of Edinburgh
- Wanted: John and Jane (Waddell) Fairbairn with a number of sons in the military
- Wanted: John and Helen (Ross) Fairbairn a military family
- Wanted: Thomas & Rebecca (OUSBY) FAIRBAIRN Any connection to the Clapham Nurserymen?
- Wanted: William & Katherine (MORGAN) FAIRBAIRN Settled Napanee, Richmond, Ontario
- Wanted: Edward & Jean (DAVIDSON) FAIRBAIRN the Ednam blacksmiths
- Wanted: James & Margaret (SHAW) FAIRBAIRN of Currie, MLN
- Wanted: Alexander & Betsy (NEWTON) FAIRBAIRN Married Greenlaw 1758, forebears of John FAIRBAIRN of South Africa
- Wanted: George & Jane (LAW) FAIRBAIRN Married Nenthorn 1796, Jane of Melrose
- Wanted: James & Mary Bell/Mabel (THOMSON) FAIRBAIRN Married Eckford 1822, Jane of Ancrum
- Wanted: William & Mary (MOTT) FAIRBAIRN Publisher of Philadelphia then New York, m. abt 1815
- Wanted: Robert & Janet (AINSLIE) FAIRBAIRN of Gordon/Greenlaw
- Wanted: Robert & Jane (URQUHART) FAIRBAIRN of Glasgow then Pawtucket
Lines with puzzles to solve
Line of William & Alison (CLINKSCALE) FAIRBAIRNThis family was expected to match the other Greenlaw FAIRBAIRNs already represented in Lineage 1 (Haplogroup I1). So, although we do have a confirmed dna signature for one line, that of George, brother to James and William, other representatives for these different lines would be good, "just in case", because the participants are in Haplogroup R1b1.
- Wanted: Thomas & Catherine (CHARTERS) FAIRBAIRN (grandson of William and Alison (CLINKSCALE) FAIRBAIRN of Bedshiel, Greenlaw, BEW)
- Wanted: James & Mary (BARRON) FAIRBAIRN (grandson of William and Alison (CLINKSCALE) FAIRBAIRN of Bedshiel, Greenlaw, BEW)