Seager C Fairbairn1
(23 Jan 1914 - 27 Feb 1999)
|Father||Miller F Fairbairn (Aug 1881 - bet. Jan 1915 - May 1915)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Haynes2 (Jun 1887 - 1971)|
Erpf Bridge, built 1964 by Seager FAIRBAIRN, ex http://www.coveredbridgesite
.com/ny/erpf.html, Apr 2012
.com/ny/erpf.html, Apr 2012
BDMsSeager C Fairbairn was born on 23 Jan 1914 NY, USA.2,3,4
Seager C Fairbairn died on 27 Feb 1999 at the Memorial Hosp., Margaretville, Delaware Co., NY, USA, at age 85; Obit: THE DAILY STAR (Oneonta, NY) Monday, March 1, 1999
ARKVILLE — Seager Fairbairn, 85, of Dry Brook Road, Arkville died Saturday, Feb. 27, 1999, at Margaretville Memorial Hospital, Margaretville.
He was born Jan. 23, 1914, in Seager, Ulster County, the son of Miller Fairbairn and Elizabeth Haynes.
He married Marguerite Rosa on Jan. 20, 1941, in Arkville.
Seager was a well-respected carpenter and cabinet maker. He built several homes in the area. He spent several years as superintendent of construction on the Armand Erpf estate in Dry Brook. He supervised the construction of the maze as well as the roads, several buildings and the covered bridge on the estate. Upon retiring he set up his own woodworking shop adjacent to his home. Seager also worked on the restoration of the Dimmick house in Arkville, also known as the Erpf house in the memory of the philanthropist. He served as building inspector of the town of Middletown for several years. He was a member of the Margaretville Masonic Lodge, since Jan. 20, 1944. He graduated from the State University College of Technology at Delhi.
He is survived by his wife, Marguerite Fairbairn of Arkville; and several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by two sisters, Gertrude Rosa and Frances Fairbairn, and three brothers, Hiram, Miller and John Fairbairn.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, March 3, 1999, at 2 p.m., at Hynes Funeral Home, Margaretville, with the Rev. Dr. George Carpenter officiating.
Committal services in the spring will be at the Margaretville Cemetery.
Calling hours will be Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m., when the family will be in attendance. Margaretville Masonic Lodge will conduct services at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Contributions may be made in memory of Seager Fairbairn to the Ambulance Fund of the Margaretville Memorial Hospital, Margaretville, N.Y. 12455.
Arrangements are by the Hynes Funeral Home, Margaretville.3,5 He was buried Annex, Margaretville, Delaware Co., NY, USA.6
CensusSeager C Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1915 Hardenburg, Ulster Co., NY, USA, in the household of Elizabeth Ann Fairbairn as son of Elizabeth.7 Seager C Fairbairn appeared on the census of Jan 1920 Hardenburg, Ulster Co., NY, in the household of Elizabeth Ann Fairbairn as son of Elizabeth.2 Seager C Fairbairn appeared on the census of 2 Apr 1930 on Dry Brook Rd, Hardenburg, Ulster Co., NY, USA, in the household of John R Fairbairn as brother of John.1
|Charts||Lineage 1e: John & Bessie (fflint) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||11 Apr 2012|
- [S808] Census images, USA, Hardenbergh, Ulster, New York; Roll: 1654; Page: 1A; ED 9; Image: 1030.0, hsehold of John R FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S808] Census images, USA, 1920 Hardenbergh, Ulster, New York; Roll: T625_1270; Page: 3B; ED 151; Image: 646, hsehold of Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S1204] Edward STEWART (18124), "EM FAIRBAIRN, John ex Ed S," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Seager C FAIRBAIRN (1914-1999) & Marguerite Rosa, rcvd Jul 2008.
- [S1793] SSDI also at http://ancestry.com/ and http://resources.rootsweb.com/USA/CA/SanFrancisco/#ssdi , Dth 27 Feb 1999 Seager FAIRBAIRN, born 23 Jan 1914 last resid. 12406 Arkville, Delaware Co, NY, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S2505] Rootsweb Mailing List online at http://lists.rootsweb.com, Obit. 1 Mar 1999 Seager FAIRBAIRN, Daily Star, Oneonta NY, transcr. published Feb 2006, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S2646] Delaware County, NY Genealogy & History Site online at http://www.dcnyhistory.org/, Seager C FAIRBAIRN (1914-1999), Margaretville Annex, transcr. July 2001 by Roger Davis, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S300] Census images, USA, Assorted state census records, 1915 New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1915; Election District: 02; Assembly District: 02; City: Hardenberg; County: Ulster; Page: 05. Hsehold of Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, extracted May 2013.