(circa Nov 1792 - 19 Feb 1841)
|Father||William Fairbairn3 (circa Oct 1755 - Aug 1809)|
|Mother||May Carter3 (circa 1767 - Jul 1834)|
IntroIt is assumed that William married to Janet Taylor is the William son of William and May (Carter) Fairbairn baptised 1792 Greenlaw. Aiding this id is that son William is with William's brother James in 1841, shortly after William had died (and not with his mother and sister.)4
BDMsWilliam Fairbairn was buried with Janet Taylor Greenlaw, BEW, SCT, (commemorated Chirnside #312: Janet Tenlying 16.5.1817 60 yrs spouse to William Taylor fewer Chirnside. William Taylor 20.10.1825 70 yrs dau. Janet d. at Chrinside 31.5.69 77 yrs her husband William Fairbairn d. at Cranshaws Mill 19.2.1841 48 yrs. interred at Greenlaw.)1
William Fairbairn was born circa Nov 1792 in the Par. of Greenlaw, BEW, SCT.3,1 He was baptized on 27 Nov 1792 at Greenlaw, Berwickshire.3
William Fairbairn married Janet Taylor, daughter of William Taylor and Janet Tinling, in May 1828 Edrom, BEW, SCT, or Swinton & Simprin, BEW, SCT.5,1
William Fairbairn died on 19 Feb 1841 Cranshaws Mill, BEW, SCT.1
DNA InfoThe DNA project would very much like to hear from a direct male line representative from the line of William Fairbairn. The respective grandchildren of James and William married in Northumberland, which may be complete coincidence.
It does rather look like William's line has "daughtered out", but if direct male line descendants of James' can be found, they may match Lineage 2c?
Which match would confirm that William, son of William and May (Carter) Fairbairn is indeed the one married to Janet Taylor.6,7
William's line needs a/another participant in the FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project. Check out the Wanted! page for further information.
|Janet Taylor (circa 1790 - May 1869)|
|Charts||Lineage 2c: William & Alison (CLINKSCALE) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||4 Nov 2011|
- [S2856] David Cargill (compiler), MIs: BEW: Vol 2 Eastern Parishes - book, Chirnside H/stone #312: William FAIRBAIRN & Janet TAYLOR, extracted Jul 2009.
- [S333] GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth Janet DAVIDSON nee FAIRBAIRN, extracted c 1994.
- [S3110] Scotlands People Index, "OPR Berwick, Scotland, FAIRBAIRN Births 1538-1854", Bap. 27 Nov 1792 William s/o William FAIRBAIRN & May CARTER, Par. of Greenlaw, BEW, 743/0010 0125, index searched May 2009.
- [S1] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Conclusions", Nov 2011.
- [S888] FAIRBAIRN, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- [S2991] Dr Peter NORTHOVER, "EM FAIRBAIRN/FISH (Lowick) Ex Peter N," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Marr. 5 Jul 1901 William (31) s/o William (farm steward dec'd) FAIRBAIRN & Margaret Elizabeth (27) d/o James FAIRBAIRN & Catherine JEFFREY, rcvd Feb 2011.
- [S14] FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project online at http://worldfamilies.net/surnames/fairbairn/results.html, Nov 2011.
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr 8 May 1868 William FAIRBAIRN & Barbara CURREL, Chirnside, BEW 730 Pg 2 #4, copy d/loaded Jan 2010.