(17 Mar 1859 - )
|Father||Henry Fairbairn1 (circa 1824 - Aug 1896)|
|Mother||Mary Young1 (circa 1831 - bet. 1871 - 1881)|
CensusJohn Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1861 Hope Park End 45 Buccleuch St, Edinburgh Newington, Dist of St Giles, MLN, SCT, in the household of Henry Fairbairn and Mary Fairbairn as son of Henry.4
The census of 1871 showed John and Henry and their sisters Mary, Jane, Agnes, Julia, Margaret and Catherine in the household of their parents Henry and Mary Fairbairn 47 Buccleuch St, Edinburgh Newington, Dist of St Giles, MLN, SCT, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN (indexed as LAIRBAIRN): Henry 47 grocer b Inverkip, RFW (fmp agrees); wife Mary 39 b Mid Calder, MLN; Children: Mary 17, Jane 16, Agnes 14, John 12 all b Leith; Julia 9, Margaret 7, Henry 5, Catherine 3 all b Edin; Mother-in-law: Mary YOUNG 76; Niece
Mary YOUNG 26.5
|Charts||Lineage 1c1: John & Elizabeth (YULE) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||5 Apr 2012|
- [S888] FAIRBAIRN, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- [S1960] Sanna F Ross (Gaffney), "EM FAIRBAIRN: Borders ex Sanna G," e-mail to Lorna & GenForum FAIRBAIRN, "to NZ" John (Jack) s/o Henry FAIRBAIRN & Mary YOUNG, from Corres. Ethel/Eric MEKIE (John's sister Jean's grdson), 1977, rcvd Mar 2001.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Apr 2012.
- [S205] 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Edinburgh Newington, Dist St Giles, MLN; Reg. 685/4 ED: 62; Page: 9; Sched. 52, hsehold of Henry & Mary FAIRBAIRN, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S207] 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Edinburgh Newington, Dist St Giles, MLN 685/4 ED: 56; Page: 7; Sched. 40, hsehold of Henry & Mary FAIRBAIRN (indexed as LAIRBAIRN), extracted Apr 2012.