(bet. 1776 - 1780 - say 1849)
BDMsThomas Fairbairn was born bet. 1776 - 1780 SCT.1
Thomas Fairbairn married Rebecca Ousby on 19 Sep 1822 Isleworth, MDX, ENG.2,3
Thomas Fairbairn was assumed to have died say 1849 ?Oxford, Dist of Headington, OXF, ENG, date/place assumes correct id in dth index.4
CensusThomas Fairbairn and Rebecca Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1841 on Broad St, Par. of St Michael's, Oxford, OXF, ENG, and are assumed to be husband and wife. They were enumerated as FAIRBAIRN (indexed as FAIRBOURN): Thomas 60 nurseryman b SCT; Rebecca 50 not b cty; Assumed children: John 17 not b cty; Mary 2 b cty; Also several servants etc.2
DNA InfoThe DNA project would very much like to hear from a direct male line representative from the line of Thomas Fairbairn. However this line is thought to have been "daughtered out".
May have some relationship to James the Clapham nurseryman, but as James had probably already moved to London where he married in 1780, and if Thomas was indeed born back in Scotland, he is not likely to be a direct link.11
Thomas's line needs a/another participant in the FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project. Check out the Wanted! page for further information.
Researcher(s)The line of Thomas Fairbairn is/was being researched by Sue Collier. Thomas may, or may, not be related to James of Clapham Email: Sue Collier.12
|Rebecca Ousby (circa 1788 - May 1868)|
|Charts||Wanted: Thomas & Rebecca (OUSBY) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2011|
- [S2881] Sue C, "FAIRBAIRN: Clapham nurserymen ex Sue," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Thomas FAIRBAIRN, Head gardener to Sir Joseph BANKS, rcvd Nov 2009.
- [S200] 1841 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Par. of St Michael, Oxford, OXF HO107/891 Bk 14 ED 18 F 22 Pg 14, hsehold of Thos & Rebeca FAIRBAIRN (indexed as FAIRBOURN), extracted Nov 2009.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Marr. 19 Sep 1922 Thomas FAIRBAIRN & Rebecca OUSBY, Isleworth, MDX , from the West Middlesex Marriage Index, extracted Jan 2010.
- [S1595] Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1849 Q2 Thomas FAIRBAIRN, reg. Dist of Headington, OXF, 16/51, extracted Jan 2010.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Nov 2009.
- [S1961] Www FAIRBAIRN searches and miscellaneous correspondence by LornaHen (1) 1784-1814 John FAIRBAIRN, Curator Chelsea Physic Garden, found online at google books in the Dictionary of British and Irish botansits and horticulturists by Ray Desmond, extracted Nov 2009.
- [S2916] London Metropolitan Archives: Birth death marriage (filmed originals): , Marr. 1 May 1838 John (nurseryman) s/o John FAIRBAIRN (nurseryman) & Jane d/o Robert (bootmaker) LUDGATE, from Saint John The Evangelist: Smith Square, Westminster, Transcript of Marriages, 1838 Jan-1838 Dec, DL/t Item, 091/077, extracted Mar 2011.
- [S2881] Sue C, "FAIRBAIRN: Clapham nurserymen ex Sue," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Marr. 1838 John FAIRBAIRN (s/o John, nurseryman) & Jane LUDGATE, St John the Evangelist Westminster, extract from cert rcvd Nov 2009.
- [S200] 1841 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Par. of Chelsea, Hundred of Oussulstone (Kensington Div), MDX HO107/688 Bk 11 ED 6 F 12 Pg 19, hsehold of John & Jane FAIRBAIRN (indexed as FEARBAUSON), extracted Nov 2009.
- [S3252] Will/Codicils: John FAIRBAIRN bookseller d Edin. 1810 (Inventory (1 Feb 1811) Will (9 Nov 1804) Codicils (22 Jun 1805, 6 Oct 1809)) Edinburgh Sheriff Court SC/70/13: Copy d/loaded Mar 2013.
- [S14] FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project online at http://worldfamilies.net/surnames/fairbairn/results.html, Jan 2010.
- [S2881] Sue C, "FAIRBAIRN: Clapham nurserymen ex Sue," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Jan 2010.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 3rd Bap. 31st Aug 1828 Robert Thomas s/o Thomas & Rebecca FAIRBAIRNE, Batch C069711, Esher SRY, extracted Jan 2010.