(circa 1786 - aft. 1851)
|Father||Archibald Fairbairn (say 1760 - bet. 1800 - 1841); originally a potential relationship based on, possible, naming pattern, and Napanee connections, now reinforced by atDNA matches between descendants of both Robert and of his assumed siblings James, David and Walter2|
|Mother||Alison Crosser2 (say 1760 - bet. 1800 - 1841)|
BDMsRobert Fairbairn was born circa 1786 SCT.1
Robert Fairbairn married Kate Scott say 1815 SCT date assumes marries shortly before "oldest child" Elizabeth.3,4
Robert Fairbairn died aft. 1851 ?Richmond, Lennox & Addington Co., ONT, CAN.1
CensusRobert Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1851 on the 6th, 7th, 8th Concession, Richmond Twp, Lennox Co., ONT, CAN, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Robt labourer 22 Sr (sic); Robt Jr (sic) gentleman 65; Esther 22 All b SCT; Robt 11 b USA; Archd b C West 9 All Presby;
(these are neighbouring entries, conjecture as to how they relate to each other):
The immediate previous entry is the family of Robert's dtr Elizabeth with husband William Grieve and family (Esther 7, Geo 5, Robt 3, Minto 2); It does rather look like they are all living in the Grieve's tavern as the next building listed is the frame house of the carriage maker, Abraham Fraser. A prior entry is that of William and Catherine (Morgan) Fairbairn, who looks likely to be the William known to exist as a son of Robert.1,10
LinksClick here to see Robert's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.12
Follow this link for Lorna's family information on Robert Fairbairn.
|Kate Scott (say 1786 - circa 1828)|
|Charts||Lineage 1e: John & Bessie (fflint) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||15 Feb 2015|
- [S809] Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1851 Richmond, Lennox Co, ONT, hsehold of Robt FAIRBAIRN, extracted Jun 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jul 2008, updated Jan 2015.
- [S2337] F-5 FAIRBAIRN, "EM FAIRBAIRN/SINTON Yetholm ex Scott F," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Robert FAIRBAIRN, 1828, Scottish Emigration to Canada pre-Confederation, rcvd Jul 2008.
- [S2285] GenForum online at http://www.genforum.genealogy.com/my/, Family of William GRIEVE and Elizabeth (Bessie) FAIRBAIRN, Richmond, ONT, posted Aug 2000 by Bonnie HURSH (email no longer current), extracted Jul 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jul 2008, updated Jan & Feb 2015.
- [S1961] Www FAIRBAIRN searches and miscellaneous correspondence by LornaHen (1) "History of Chickasaw and Howard Counties" by Robert Herd FAIRBAIRN, pub. 1919 Synopsis of pages 497-9, as shown on IAGenWeb (http://iagenweb.org/chickasaw/biographies/faces1919f.htm), extracted Jun 2008.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Obit 8 Mar 1916 Esther LEE nee FAIRBURN, "Waushara Argus", from tree of miket6m4n8u, extracted May 2008.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), 1881 Census: Napanee Town, Lennox, ONT, FHL Film 1375872 NA Film C-13236 Dist117 Sub-dist G Pg 57 Hsehold 280, Wm GREIVE (sic), extracted Jul 2008.
- [S2333] Rootsweb Msge Board online at http://boards.rootsweb.com, Dth (c. 1828) Kate FAIRBAIRN nee SCOTT, at sea (Atlantic), from GRIEVE board posting, Aug 2000 by Bonnie HURSH, extracted Jul 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jul 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jan & Feb 2015.
- [S3217] WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Marr. 28 Jun 1864 Robert FAIRBAIRN & Clarinda HAM, FHL Film 1030060 Lennox & Addington Co, ONT, extracted Jul 2008, (marr. index transcript shows Robert as son of J & M FAIRBAIRN, I've not seen the original, but am beginning to doubt it).