(21 Jan 1821 - 8 Jul 1886)
BDMsElizabeth Young was born on 21 Jan 1821 Dumbarton, DNB, SCT, FamilySearch shows at least four Elizabeth's born in Dumbarton around the dates estimated for Elizabeth (1817 from Death and 1881 census; 1819 from 1871 census; 1820 from 1861 census and 1822 from 1851 census). This birth, to a Robert & Margaret is picked both because the age is closest to that given earlier in her life, and because there's a Robert and Margaret amongst her children, although whether or not John belongs to Elizabeth as well as Robert could be open to interpretation and further investigation, it would at least make Robert the 2nd son and therefore likely to be Elizabeth's father's name.3,4,5,6,1,7
Elizabeth Young married Robert Fairbairn on 26 Sep 1847 Blantyre, LKS, SCT, entry reads: "Robert Fairbairn and Elizabeth Young both in this parish."8,9,10,11
Elizabeth Fairbairn died on 8 Jul 1886 at the Mile End Infirmary, Dist of Mile End, MDX, ENG, at age 65; dth cert. shows Elizabeth as 69, widow of Robert FAIRBAIRN, civil engineer; informant dtr in law E S FAIRBAIRN of 52 Ellington Rd, Bow. Infirmary records show Elizabeth as 69 cod locomotor ataxia, exhaustion.5,12,13
CensusElizabeth Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1851 Bothwell, Royal Burgh of Hamilton, LKS, SCT, with Robert Fairbairn, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN : Robert 52 (unclear, could be 62 or 42, latter seems more likely) civil engineer b Eckford, ROX; Wife Elizabeth 29 b Dumbarton, DNB; Children: John 7 scholar b Coldstream, BEW; Robert 3 b Glasgow, Margaret 1 b Hamilton; Serv Jean ?Brown? 16.
Ancestry transcription had FACOBAION, with Robert born Eclford, Robegurghshire, and John born "Caloshean", with them all living in hsehold of Thomas (50 coachmaker b Hamilton) & Catherine (30 b Hamilton) CATHELL who is actually the 2nd prior entry entirely (an uninhabited building in between.)11,3
Elizabeth Young appeared on the census of 1861 2 Roman Rd, Bow, Dist of Poplar, MDX, ENG, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Elizabeth, wife (no head) marr. 41 b SCT; Children: John 18 dispensing chemist, Robert 12 apprentice to butcher, Margaret A 11, James 9 both scholars all b SCT; George 6 scholar b Liverpool.1
Elizabeth Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1871 7 Park Rd, St Mary Stratford Le Bow, LND, ENG, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN (indexed as Janbavin): Elizabeth head, marr. 52 needle woman b SCT; son George unm 16 clicker, b Liverpool.6 She appeared on the census of 1881 140 Milton Rd, Bow, Dist of Poplar, LND, ENG, as mother of Robert Fairbairn.5
|Robert Fairbairn (bet. 1789 - 1809 - bet. 1854 - 1886)|
|Charts||Lineage 1b4b: Robert and Elizabeth (YOUNG) Fairbairn|
|Last Edited||26 Apr 2012|
- [S204] 1861 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Bow St Mary, Dist Poplar, MDX RG9/304 F 125 ED 46 Pg 20 Sched 107, hsehold of Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S2333] Rootsweb Msge Board online at http://boards.rootsweb.com, George & Laura FAIRBAIRN & family, posted by Roger WHYBREWDec 2008, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S2806] Roger WHYBREW, "EM FAIRBAIRN/YOUNG (Eckford) ex Roger W," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, 1851 census: Hamilton, LKS, copy rcvd (ex Rosemary) Jan 2009.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 21 Jan Bap. 29 Jan 1821 Elizabeth d/o Robert YOUNG & Mararet WALKER, Dumbarton, DNB, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11496-7 film 1041986, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S208] 1881 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Bow, Par. of St Pauls, Parl. Borough of Tower Hamlets, LND RG11/490 F ED 14 Pg 38 Sched 192, hsehold of Robert & Ellen FAIRBURN, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S206] 1871 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, St Mary Stratford Le Bow, Par. St Stephen Le Bow, Dist Poplar, LND RG10/576 ED 45 F 99 Pg 1 Sched 3, hsehold of Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN (indexed as Janbavin), extracted Nov 2009.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Apr 2012.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. Proclamation 26 Sep 1847 Robert FAIRBAIRN & Elizabeth YOUNG, both in Parish of Blantyre, LKS, OPR624/0040 0174, copy d/loaded Dec 2008.
- [S2333] Rootsweb Msge Board online at http://boards.rootsweb.com, Marr. 1847 Robert FAIRBAIRN and Elizabeth YOUNG, Blantyre, SCT, from George & Laura FAIRBAIRN & family, posted by Roger WHYBREW, posted/extracted Dec 2008.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 26 Sep 1847 Robert FAIRBAIRN & Elizabeth YOUNG, batch M116244, Blantyre, LKS, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S203] 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Par. of Hamilton, LKS Reg. 647 ED 3A Pg 40 sched 171, hsehold of Robert & Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S3172] Interview, Rosemary DUNCANSON-HUNTER, Dth 8 Jul 1886 Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, Mile End Infirmary, verbal extract rcvd Apr 2012.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth 8 Jul 1886 Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, 69, from Mile End Infirmary: Register of deaths; Call Number: STBG/ME/123/01, London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, extracted Apr 2012.