(13 Jul 1762 - 12 Feb 1843)
|Father||William Fairbairn2 (circa Aug 1708 - 1789)|
|Mother||Ann Cranston2 (circa May 1720 - 1778)|
BDMsWilliam Fairbairn was born on 13 Jul 1762 Cross Flats, Par. of St Boswells, ROX, SCT, supposedly to William and Ann (CRANSTON) FAIRBAIRN (no extant baptisms to William and Ann have yet been found. Original information from grandson Henry's biography shows Ann as born 1700, family notes from Henry's wife show "abt 1710, Crailing", with Ann as daughter of a Robert and Isabella CRAINSTON. At 1700, she would be too old to have William in 1762, but a Crailing baptism in 1720 of an Ann to Robert CRANSTOUNE & Isobel HERD would fit the bill nicely, given Williams' age has been confirmed by his death recorded in NY. The handwritten notes also clarify the puzzling Cron Flats, which could indeed be interpreted as Cron Flats, but also as Cross Flats, which latter has the advantage of appearing on maps.2,1,3,4,5,6,7
William Fairbairn married Mary Mott say 1815 ?NY or ?PA, USA.1,8
William Fairbairn died on 12 Feb 1843 Manhattan, New York, NY, USA, at age 80; family say 18th. NY dth entry indexed as FAIRBAINE, newspaper extract shows a notice on Monday Feb 13th reporting: FAIRBAIRN, William in 81yr.9,6,10
DNA InfoWilliam's line needs a/another participant in the FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project. Check out the Wanted! page for further information.
|Charts||William & Mary (MOTT) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||16 Dec 2015|
- [S2195] Www Rootsweb online at http://wc.rootsweb.com/, Robert (1818-1899/1900) s/o William FAIRBAIN & Mary d/o Henry MOTT & Elizabeth NEWCOMB, from db rkwest of Rosemary, last updated Aug 2008, extracted Sep 2008.
- [S3325] Bill THATCHER, "FAIRBAIRN/CRANSTON corres.," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Birth 13 Jul 1762 Cross Flat, St Boswells William s/o William FAIRBAIRN (1709 - 1789 Ellesadden, St Boswells) & Ann CRIANSTON (abt 1710 - 1778 Crailing Parish), handwritten family notes from Alice Lefevre FAIRBAIRN, copy rcvd Feb 2014.
- [S2800] FHL Film 1425557 FAIRBAIRN, Henry A (1855- ) - Biography, Birth 13 Jul 1762 William s/o William & Ann (CRANSTON) FAIRBAIRN, Cron? Flats, Bothwell Par, ROX, pg 219 extracted Dec 2008.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 13 Jul 1762 William s/o William FAIRBAIRN & Ann Cranston FAIRBAIRN, Film 178097 Pg 527 Ref 20269, Bothwell Parrish, ROX, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Dec 2008.
- [S1597] FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Dth 12 Feb 1843 William FAIRBAIRNE, Manhattan, NY, aged 80, b SCT, from New York Deaths and Burials, 1795-1952 batch B05581-8 film 447550, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 6 Jul 1745 William FREEBAIRN & Ann CRANSTON, Sprouston, ROX, 807/00 0010 0265, copy d/loaded Dec 2008.
- [S3120] GenealogyBank Newspapers online at http://GenealogyBank.com, 1807 William FAIRBAIRN, publisher, Philadelphia Directory (James ROBINSON), extracted Apr 2012.
- [S2800] FHL Film 1425557 FAIRBAIRN, Henry A (1855- ) - Biography, Dth 18 Feb 1843 William FAIRBAIRN, pg 219 extracted Dec 2008.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth notice 13 Feb 1843 William FAIRBAIRN, in 81 yr, from New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801-1890 (Barber Collection), either the NY Evening Post or the Brooklyn Eagle, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S2800] FHL Film 1425557 FAIRBAIRN, Henry A (1855- ) - Biography, Pp 219-23, extracted Dec 2008.