(circa May 1743 - )
|Father-Assmd||James Fairbairn (m. Elspeth TROTTER)1 (say 1705 - )|
|Mother-Assmd||Elspeth Trotter1 (say 1700 - )|
IntroIt is assumed that the Thomas bap. 1743 Stichill to James F. and Elspeth Trotter, is also the Thomas marrying Isobel Smith 1771 Kelso (recorded in Stichill OPRs.)3
BDMsThomas Fairbairn was born circa May 1743 Stitchel, ROX, SCT.1 He was baptized on 29 May 1743 Stitchill & Hume, ROX, SCT; entry reads "James fairbairn and elspeth troter A S B N Thomas Wt alexr richardson and william winter."1,4
Thomas Fairbairn married Isobel Smith on 31 May 1771 Kelso, ROX, SCT, entry in the Stichill & Hume OPR, headed Kelso 31st May 1771 reads: Compeared Thomas Fairbairn in the parish of Makerston & Isabel Smith in this parish (which "this", Kelso or Stichill?) & craved proclamation in order to marriage they produced Jas Fairbairn for the man and James Whillas for the woman as cautioners" (two entries later was at Hume, 7th Jun, for an Elizabeth Trotter in this parish marrying George Robertson.)2,5
DNA InfoThomas belongs to a tested line in the FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project. Follow this link for supplementary DNA information.
|Isobel Smith (say 1745 - )|
|Charts||Lineage 1b4: James & Elspeth (TROTTER) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||5 Nov 2011|
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 29 May 1743 Thomas s/o James FAIRBAIRN & Elspeth TROTER, batch C118082, Stitchel, ROX, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 31 May 1771 Thomas FAIRBAIRN & Isobel SMITH, batch M118084, Stitchel, ROX, extracted Dec 2008.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Dec 2008.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap 29 May 1743 Thomas s/o James FAIRBAIRN & Elspeth TROTER, Stichill & Hume ROX 808/0010 0383, copy d/loaded Dec 2008.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 31 May 1771 Thomas FAIRBAIRN (Makerston) and Isobel SMITH (Stichill & Hume or Kelso?), at Kelso, ROX, in Stichill & Hume OPR, 808/0020 0236, copy d/loaded Dec 2008.