(circa 1863 - 26 Feb 1931)
|Father||Sir Andrew Fairbairn3 (Mar 1828 - May 1901)|
|Mother||Clara Frederica Loraine (circa 1841 - Mar 1922)|
BDMsAndrew Constant Fairbairn was born circa 1863 Paris, FRA.2,4
Andrew Constant Fairbairn married Matilda Ellen Clark on 10 Sep 1889 at the Par. Ch, Twickenham St Mary the Virgin, Richmond, MDX, ENG, cert. shows Andrew Constant as 27, student at law, resid. 4 Queens Tce, Twickenham, s/o Sir Andrew FAIRBAIRN, Knight; Matilda Ellen as 25, resid. Cross Deep, Twickenham, d/o Alfred CLARK, Surgeon; Both signed; Wit: Andrew FAIRBAIRN, ?E.? CLARK; Rev. G H TIDECOMBE, Rector of St Peter's Hammersmith (with whom Andrew was visiting in 1881.)3,2,5,6,4
Andrew Constant Fairbairn died on 26 Feb 1931 Albermarle Hotel, Brighton, SSX, ENG.1,7
CensusAndrew Constant Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1881 St Peters Vicarage Ravens Court Ave, Hammersmith, Dist of Fulham, LND, ENG, enumerated as TIDCOMBE: George Henry 52 Clerk/Vicar of St Peter's Hammersmith, b Shepton, SOM; wife Louisa 34 b Bow, MDX; Viistor Andrew FAIRBAIRN 18 student at law b Paris, France; Cook Harriet WELHAM b Stepney (Andrew was later married by George TIDECOMBE.)4
Andrew Constant Fairbairn appeared on the census of 5 Apr 1891 Surbiton, Dist of Kingston, SRY, ENG, with Matilda Ellen Fairbairn, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Andrew C 28 law student, living own means, b France, British Subject; wife Matilda E 27 b Twickenham, MDX; Dtr Constance 1/12 b Surbiton, SRY; Servants: Eleanor L Clark 31, Annie Sanders 46, Jane Taylor 27, Beatrice Saunders 22.5
Andrew Constant Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1901 Surbiton, Dist of Kingston, SRY, with Matilda Ellen Clark, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Andrew Constant 38 living on own means, British subj, b France; wife Matilda Ellen 37 b Twickenham, MDX; Children: Caroline Eleanor 10, Andrew Herbert 7, Donald Charles 6, all b Surbiton, SRY; Servants: Clarie Janes Clayfield 21 nurse; Mary Ann Hagger 42, Elizabeth Ann Mayne 22.2
Andrew Constant Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1911 Arundel, 6 Upper Brighton Rd, Surbiton, SRY, ENG, with Matilda Ellen Clark, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Andrew 49 b France, British Subject; wife Matilda 48 b Twickenham, marr. 21 yrs 3 children, all living; Dtr Constance 20 b Surbiton, SRY; Servants: Fanny Mc Carty 24; Georgina Tripp 24.12
|Matilda Ellen Clark (circa 1864 - Mar 1959)|
|Charts||Lineage 2b1: John & Helen (ANDERSON) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||18 May 2013|
- [S2847] Cambridge University Alumni Database online at http://venn.csi.cam.ac.uk/, Andrew Constant. FAIRBAIRN, Emmanuel, Jun 30 1880, extracted May 2009.
- [S213] 1901 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Sub Dist Surbiton, Dist Kingston, SRY, RG13; Piece: 667; Folio: 58; ED 2; Page: 54. Sched. 313, hsehold of Andrew Constant & Matilda Ellen FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S2916] London Metropolitan Archives: Birth death marriage (filmed originals): , Marr. 10 Sep 1889 Andrew Constant (27) s/o Sir Andrew FAIRBAIRN to Matilda Ellen (25) d/o Alfred CLARKE, Par. of Twickenham St Mary the Virgin, Borough Richmond, MDX from DRO/174/A/03/006, image online in London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, copy d/loaded Sep 2012.
- [S208] 1881 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Sub Dist St Peter Hammersmith Dist Fulham, LND RG11; Piece: 53; Folio: 87; ED 5; Page: 39; GSU roll: 1341012, hsehold of George Henry & Louisa TIDCOMBE, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S211] 1891 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Par. Christchurch, Sub/Dist Kingston, SRY, RG12; Piece: 613; Folio: 4; ED 27 Page: 12; Sched. 27, hsehold of Andrew C & Matilda E FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S1595] Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Marr. 1889 Q3 Andrew Constant FAIRBAIRN & Matilda Ellen CLARK, reg. Brentwood, MDX, 3a/175, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth 26 Feb (Albermarle Hotel, Brighton) Probate 10 Jun (London) 1931 Andrew Constant FAIRBAIRN, to widow Matilda Ellen FAIRBAIRN widow, from England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Sep 2012.
- [S1961] Www FAIRBAIRN searches and miscellaneous correspondence by LornaHen (1) 1887 Andrew Constant FAIRBAIRN, from The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, online at http://www.jungle-onics.co.uk/index.php, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, 28 Dec 1893 Transfer of shares belonging to Charles Henry Edward COTES, mentioning Sir Andrew FAIRBAIRN, & Andrew Constant FAIRBAIRN, from GWR Shareholders 1835-1932, Volume 59 Folio 120 Entry 455 Column 7, copy d/loaded Sep 2012.
- [S1513] Burke, Burke's Peerage, Dth 31 May 1901 Andrew s/o Sir Peter FAIRBAIRN, died without issue from 107th Ed, p1370, extracted Jan 2009.
- [S215] 1911 Census images, ENG, http://www.findmypast.co.uk/CensusPersonStartSearchServlet , http://ancestry.com, Surbiton, Dist Kingston, SRY RG14; Piece: 3540; Schedule Number: 235; hsehold of Andrew & Matilda FAIRBAIRN, extracted Sep 2012.
- [S1197] C'Wealth War Graves online at http://www.cwgc.org/, Dth 5 Jun 1915 A H FAIRBAIRN, s/o Mr & Mrs A C FAIRBAIRN, aged 21, Royal Irish Reg.3rd Bn., attd. 2nd Bn. , extracted Sep 2012.