(bet. 1771 - 1776 - bet. 1841 - 1851)
BDMsThomas Farbarn was born bet. 1771 - 1776 ?Cleland, Par. of Shotts, LKS, SCT, poss the Thomas born 22nd, bap. 26th, Dec 1773 to Robert FREEBRAN & Jennet Burnlee (Brownlee?) of Biggershot (Biggar) in the Parish of Shotts, "their first child", that Jim found?1,2,3
Thomas Farbarn married Jane Cullen say 1805 ?Cleland, Par. of Shotts, LKS.4
Thomas Farbarn died bet. 1841 - 1851 ?Newarthill, Par. of Bothwell, LKS, SCT.1
CensusThomas Farbarn and Jean Farbarn appeared on the census of 1841 Newarthill, Par. of Bothwell, LKS, SCT, and are assumed to be husband and wife. They were enumerated as FARBARN (ancestry) FARBORN (fmp): Thomas 65 ; Jean 55; Robert 30, John 30, Mettsy (fmp) Mettey (ancestry) assumed to be Betsy) 25, Janet 25, Elizabeth 15, James 20, William 15.1,5
NamesHis surname was recorded as Fairbairn on son James' dth cert.4
DNA InfoThomas's line needs a/another participant in the FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA Project. Check out the Wanted! page for further information.
LinksClick here to see Thomas's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.6
Researcher(s)Thomas Farbarn is the ancestor of researcher Jim Bulloch. Jim would love to work further back from Thomas and confirm the latest suspicion that the name used was FREEBAIRN Email: Jim.7,8
|Jane Cullen (circa 1784 - )|
|Charts||Thomas and Jane (CULLEN) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||1 Apr 2016|
- [S201] 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Newarthill, Bothwell Holytown, LKS, Par. 625 ED 8 Pg 3, hsehold of Thomas & Jean FARBARN, extracted Nov 2009.
- [S3144] Scotlands People Index, "OPR Lanark, Scotland, FAIRBAIRN Births 1538-1854", Birth/Bap. 7 Jun 1772 Thomas s/o James FREEBAIRN & Martha WATSON, Hamilton, LKS,647/ 0030 0099, extracted from index Feb 2012.
- [S3174] Jim BULLOCH, "EM FAIRBAIRN/CULLEN Ex Jim B," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Birth 22nd Bap. 26th Dec 1773 Thomas s/o Robert FREEBRAN & Jennet BURNLEE, of Biggershot (Biggar) in the Par. of Shotts, from Family of Robert FREEBAIRN & Janet BROWNLIE (spelling variants), from http://www.brownlee.com.au/Pages/Camb%20births.html, http://www.brownlee.com.au/Pages/Betty-Rudolph/… & www.memento-mori.co.uk/97.pdf, extracts rcvd Apr 2012.
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 18 Dec 1894 James FAIRBAIRN, Cleland, Shotts, LKS, 655/03 Pg 19 #56, copy d/loaded Nov 2009.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, 1841 Newarthill, Bothwell, LKS, hsehold of Thomas & Jean FARBORN, extracted Apr 2012.
- [S3217] WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Added by Jim CRUICKSHANK, Jun 2015.
- [S1960] Sanna F Ross (Gaffney), "EM FAIRBAIRN: Borders ex Sanna G," e-mail to Lorna & GenForum FAIRBAIRN, Introduction to Jim, Jan 2003.
- [S3174] Jim BULLOCH, "EM FAIRBAIRN/CULLEN Ex Jim B," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Family tree of Thomas FAIRBAIRN & Jane CULLEN, LKS, SCT rcvd Jan 2003.
- [S207] 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Manse, Civil Par. of Bothwell, Dist Holywell, LKS, Reg. 625/2 ED 4 Pg 47 Sched 47, hsehold of Bother FAIRBOURN, extracted Nov 2009.
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 13 Mar 1894 Jane BINNIE prev. BAIRD, d/o Thomas FAIRBAIRN & Jane CULLEN, Hamiltonl, LKS, transcr. from Bain/Duncan family tree of Jane_M_Bain, online at http://person.ancestry.com.au/tree/20613468/person/…, extracted Mar 2016.
- [S56] Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 1 Dec 1889 Daniel s/o Thomas FAIRBAIRN & Jane CULLEN, h/o Anne CLARK, New Kilpatrick, DNB 500 #132, copy d/loaded Apr 2012.