(15 Apr 1856 - 15 Jun 1921)
|Father||Elliot Fairbairn1,2 (May 1831 - Feb 1909)|
|Mother||Mary Hobkirk1,2 (Oct 1833 - Aug 1897)|
BDMsMary Fairbairn was born on 15 Apr 1856 Stanley, Upper Canada (ONT), CAN.1,2,3,4
Mary Fairbairn married Roger John Pepper on 16 Apr 1879 Exeter, Huron Co., ONT, CAN, cert. shows Mary as 23 Presb. b. Stanley, living Tuckersmith, d/o Elliot & Julia Mary FAIRBURN (sic); Roger John PEPPER as 24 Methodist, farmer b. Perth resid. Tuckersmith s/o John (PEPPER assumed) & Elizabeth SANDERS; Wit: Elliot FAIRBURN and Jessie FAIRBURN in Tuckersmith.2
Mary Pepper died on 15 Jun 1921 Frederick St, Clinton, Huron Co., ONT, CAN, at age 65; cert. shows Mary PEPPER as 65 yrs 2 mths b. 15 Apr 1856 Huron Co; dtr of Elliott FAIRBAIRN and Mary HOBKIRK, both b. SCT; Inf. husband Roger PEPPER, Clinton; cod cancer of liver 1 yr.4
CensusMary Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1861 Tuckersmith, Huron Co., ONT, CAN, in the household of Elliot Fairbairn and Mary Fairbairn as daughter of Elliot.1
The census of 1871 showed Mary, Isabella and Margaret and their brothers Robert, Elliot and George in the household of their parents Elliot and Mary Hobkirk Tuckersmith, Huron Co., ONT, enumerated as FAIRBAIRN: Elliot 40 farmer; Mary 37 both b SCT and marr; Assumed Children: Mary 14, Robert 15, Isabella 11, Eilliot 9, Janet 8, Agnes 6, George 4, Ellen 3, Margaret 1 5/12 (b Nov). All b ONT, Scotch, Presb. C.7
Mary Pepper appeared on the census of 1901 Tuckersmith, Huron South, ONT, CAN, with Roger John Pepper, enumerated as PEPPER: Roger J 45 farmer b. 14 Apr 1855 ONT, English; wife Mary 44 b. 15 Apr 1856 ONT, Scotch; Children (all b. ONT): John E 20 b. 5 Aug 1880, Mary L 18 b. 12 Nov 1882, Fredrick R 15 b. 8 May 1885, Albert S 13 b. 18 Sep 1887, Roy F 5 b. 10? Apr 1895, Rose I 3 b. 5 Nov 1897. All Methodist.3
LinksFollow this link for Lorna's family information on Mary Fairbairn.
|Roger John Pepper (circa 1855 - )|
|Charts||Robert and Margaret (ELLIOT) FAIRBAIRN|
|Last Edited||6 May 2017|
- [S403] 1861 Census images, Canada, via Ancestry, Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario; Roll: C-1037, hsehold of Elliot & Mary FAIRBAIRN, extracted Aug 2009.
- [S3445] (Ancestry/Family Search), Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1928: Marr. 16 Apr 1879 Mary d/o Elliot & Julia Mary FAIRBURN (sic); Roger John PEPPER s/o John PEPPER & Elizabeth SANDERS, Exeter, Huron Co., ONT, extracted from image Jan 2015.
- [S407] 1901 Census images, Canada, via Ancestry, Tuckersmith, Huron (south/sud), Ontario; Page: 4; Family No: 43, hsehold of Roger J & Mary PEPPER, extracted Feb 2017.
- [S3509] (Ancestry/Family Search), Ontario, Canada Deaths, 1869-1938: Dth 15 Jun 1921 Mary PEPPER d/o Elliott FAIRBAIRN & Mary HOBKIRK; wife of Roger PEPPER, Clinton, Huron Co., ONT #16334, extracted Feb 2017.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jan 2015.
- [S1961] Www FAIRBAIRN searches and miscellaneous correspondence by LornaHen (1) Birth 17 Sep / bap. 24 Oct 1855 Mary d/o William and Catharine FAIRBAIRN, Richmond Twp, Bathurst Dist, ONT, Vol 1 pg 241, from Methodist Baptisms, found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wjmartin/…, extracted Jul 2008.
- [S404] 1871 Census images, Canada, via Ancestry, 1871 Tuckersmith, Huron South, Ontario; Roll: C-9929; Family No: 91, hsehold of Elliot & Mary FAIRBAIRN, extracted Aug 2009.
- [S3444] (Ancestry/Family Search), Ontario, Canada Births, 1869-1913: Birth 5 Aug 1880 John Elliot s/o Roger (sic) PEPPER & Mary FAIRBAIRN, Tuckersmith, Huron, ONT, extracted from image, Jun 2015.