(8 May 1831 - 14 Mar 1879)
|Father||George Fairbairn1,3,2 (Apr 1799 - Feb 1885)|
|Mother||Margaret Lough1,3 (circa 1798 - bet. Jan 1883 - Mar 1883)|
BDMsAndrew Fairbairn was born on 8 May 1831 Boon Mill, Par. of Legerwood, BEW, SCT.3,4,5,6 He was baptized on 19 Jun 1831 Legerwood, BEW, SCT; entry shows Andrew as born 8 May, bap. 19 Jun, to George FAIRBAIRN, shepherd Boon Mill, and Margaret LOCH "In L(awful) W(edlock.)4,5"
Andrew Fairbairn married Mary Keillor, daughter of James Keillor and Elizabeth Fotheringham, on 5 Mar 1858 in the Register Office, Dist of Strand, LND, ENG, cert. shows Andrew as 27, bachelor, carpenter, s/o George FAIRBAIRN, shepherd and Mary as 27 spinster, d/o James KEILLOR, fisherman dec'd; Both were resid. 49 Old Compton St, both signed; Wit: William GOUGH & Robert MORLEY.6,7,2
Andrew Fairbairn died on 14 Mar 1879 reg. Dist of Holborn, MDX, ENG, at age 47.6,8,9 He was buried on 19 Mar 1879 Brompton Cem., LND, ENG, Memorial card shows Andrew as dying 14 Mar 1879 aged 46 yrs and buried 19th Mar at Brompton Cem. grave #79206.10
CensusAndrew Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1841 Halfland Hse, Yetholm, ROX, SCT, in the household of George Fairbairn and Margaret Fairbairn and is assumed to be a son.3
Andrew Fairbairn appeared on the census of 1851 in the Royal Artillery Barracks, Woolwich Dockyard, Dist of Greenwich, KEN, ENG, enumerated as Andrew FAIRBAIRN, 19 soldier, b Church Hill, Berwick (SCT assumed - originally assumed to be the son of John & Jane (WADDELL) FAIRBAIRN, but the Kirkhill id better places him in the family of George & Margaret (LOUGH) FAIRBAIRN, which his marriage cert. subsequently confirmed.12,13,2 )
Andrew Fairbairn was shown as the head of the household in the census of 1871 4 East St, St George The Martyr, Dist of Holborn, LND, ENG, with Mary enumerated as FAIRBAIRN (indexed as FAIRBOURN): Andrew 39 carpenter; wife Mary 40, both b SCT; Dtr Mary Helen 1 b St George the Martyr; Lodgers: James ELLWOOD or Ellwood JAMES, unm, 31 carpenter b ??. GLS; Henry MILLER mar. 35 ?silk woollen merchant b Liverpool.6
|Mary Keillor (circa 1831 - Feb 1891)|
|Charts||George & Jane (LAW) FAIRBAIRN|
Wanted: George & Jane (LAW) FAIRBAIRN
|Last Edited||11 Dec 2011|
- [S888] FAIRBAIRN, International Genealogical Index (IGI), pre 1999.
- [S2124] GenesReunited online at http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/, Marr. 5 Mar 1858 Andrew FAIRBAIRN & Mary KEILLOR, Strand, LND, 1b/451, from Adrienne , certified copy, dated 18 Jun 1976, rcvd Dec 2011.
- [S1610] FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, SCT1841/811 Yetholm-Roxburghshire ED 4 Civil Parish: Yetholm Folio: 3 Page: 2, hsehold of George & Margaret FAIRBAIRN, extracted Jan 2004.
- [S1596] Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 8 May / 19 Jun 1831 Andrew s/o George FAIRBAIRN & Margaret LOCK, batch 7206614 Sheet 99 Call 0820244, patron submission, Legerwood, BEW, extracted May 2008.
- [S55] Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Birth 8 May Bap. 19 Jun 1831 Andrew s/o George FAIRBAIRN & Margaret LOCH, Boon Mill, Legerwood, BEW 749/00 0020 0016, copy d/loaded Oct 2010.
- [S206] 1871 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Par. St George the Martyr, Dist Holborn, LND RG10/369 ED 2a F 76 Pg 43 Sched 351, hsehold of Andrew & Mary FAIRBAIRN, extracted Oct 2010.
- [S1595] Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Marr. 1858 Q1 Andrew FAIRBAIRN & Mary KEILLOR, reg. Strand, LND 1b/451, extracted Dec 2011.
- [S1595] Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1879 Q1 Andrew FAIRBAIRN, aged 45, reg. Holborn, LND, 1b/503, extracted Oct 2010.
- [S2124] GenesReunited online at http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/, Dth 14 Mar 1879 Andrew FAIRBAIRN & Mary KEILLOR, Strand, LND, 1b/451, from Adrienne , rcvd Dec 2011.
- [S2124] GenesReunited online at http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/, Bur. 19 Mar 1879 (ex Memorial Card) Andrew FAIRBAIRN, aged 46, at Brompton Cem, Adrienne , copy rcvd Dec 2011.
- [S1599] Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, 1851: Leeds, Yorkshire (West Riding), HO107/2320 Leeds Cavalry Barracks, F 1186 Pg 18, extracted Nov 2011.
- [S202] 1851 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Woolwich Dockyard, Greenwich, KEN HO107/1588 ED Royal Artillery Barracks, F 415 Pg 10, extracted Apr 2010, copy d/loaded Dec 2011.
- [S2] Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Nov 2011.
- [S2124] GenesReunited online at http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/, Dth 14 Jan Bur. 19 Jan 1869 (ex Memorial Card) Sarah Margt FAIRBAIRN, aged 6, at Kensall Green Cem, from Adrienne , copy rcvd Dec 2011.
- [S2916] London Metropolitan Archives: Birth death marriage (filmed originals): , Bur. 9 Jan 1869 George James FAIRBAIRN, aged 4, of East St, Red Liion Sq, from All Souls Cemetery, Kensal Green, Kensington, Transcript of Burials, 1869 Jan-1869 Dec, DL/t Item, 041/037, DL/T/041/037, extracted Dec 2011.
- [S5] Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Birth 3 Feb Bap. 17 May 1868 Jessie Fotheringham d/o Andrew & Mary FAIRBAIRN, East St, St Andrew, Holborn, MDX, from London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, extracted Oct 2010.